President’s Message: Checking In
|With ongoing trauma felt across the globe, I am concerned about your health during this time of stress and uncertainly. Between Covid spikes, international affairs, natural disasters, going back to school… whatever it may be, we are feeling stress as a collective.|
Because we want to be a better resource to you and yours, we’ve switched to a monthly newsletter to regularly stay in touch.
I want to take a minute and check-in with you.
1. Are you getting enough sleep?
2. Are you eating brain-healthy foods?
3. Do you have a sufficient way to de-stress?
4. Do you have community / support system?
5. Are you staying as physically healthy as possible?
I hope you answered yes to most of these questions.
If you answered no, we have plenty of resources (4 Pillars of Alzheimer’s Prevention) to help you get back on track. Stress affects you on a cellular level and can do lasting harm to your health.
Here’s a couple of things you can do to maintain your wellbeing:
– Walk 15-20 minutes every day, preferably, in nature.
– Exercise your brain while you walk: notice your surroundings (birds chirping, colors, plants) and be aware of your breath.
– Of course, practice Kirtan Kriya to get the most of out your day.
Fortunately, we now have our Kirtan Kriya CD back in stock. This meditation will help with inflammation, depression, and stress all while increasing your focus, concentration, and overall wellbeing.
Please know that our whole team is here to support you in creating better health for yourself, your friends, and your community. Stay tuned for our upcoming programs– we have more announcements on the way.
Lastly, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. And please continue to support your ARPF – our work depends on you.
|Yours in Brain Health,|
Dharma Singh Khalsa, M.D.
President / Medical Director